|Sticks Stones and Bones|
|Mithrim Elven Jewelry|
So full disclosure: I haven't figured it out yet. But I am getting closer!
I think the issues I was facing at first was a bad electroplating bath. I followed a recipe in a book that was just... wrong. My pieces were coming out glittery. I did a little more research, bought a thingy to measure PH and added a shiton of acid to my mix. The proper recipe is on the Reddit electroforming wiki
|My very first attempts. Spikes and glitter can be seen around the edges, as well as the striation from having a still bath. May 11, 2019|
The next batch was much better, but still no blorp. I decided at that point that I likely didn't leave it in long enough (not enough build up) and had my amps up way too high (had spikes instead of blorps) at the onset.
I think I had a a-ha moment in between batch 1 and 2 as well where I convinced myself that the blorp I was after could only be achieved by adding my own texture before putting my object into the electrobath.
In these pieces, I added 2 different types of sand from my nearby beach; a fine grit and a pretty chunky grit that I had to go out of my way to find. I added the sand directly to my graphite paint and am keeping it separate for future use when I want this look:
|My first attempt at pendants with crystals. May 15 2019|
My latest attempt I made I left the piece in for about 26 hours. I also put it in my rock tumbler for 3 hours which I think helped round out the edges some. I did not use the textured paint as I have come to believe that that was a red herring.
|My first organic experiments, May 25, 2019|
Amethyst and Magnolia branch